Friday 18 January 2013

Made By Amber - Review

In September last year I had a panic. I wanted to get Kellan a custom made nappy for his first birthday and I was close to leaving it too late. Some WAHM's  (work at home mums) have long waiting lists for customs or take a good 3-4 weeks for a custom to be made. I had a design in mind but it wasn't an easy design. I went on a search via Facebook on WAHM nappy pages messaging them asking them if they could help. I had a couple say the design was too difficult or their waiting lists for a custom were full and I started loosing hope. That's when Made By Amber messaged me back and came to the rescue.

I'd sent an image I wanted a rough recreation of this was the image;


Those in the know will know this is a Creeper from the game Minecraft.

Now I'd seen that Amber had made patchwork nappies in the past and she said she'd have a go at it the best she could. So Amber got to work and I waited not knowing how it'd turn out or if it would be possible but Amber surprised me.

The finished Creeper nappy


 Back

Front

Amber had got the design spot on. I was over the moon and couldn't wait for Kellan's birthday so he could wear it.

Getting a custom with Amber was great. Her prices aren't over the top and she slotted me in which I will be forever thankful for as I know how busy custom lists are. She made the nappy in 2 weeks which I wasn't expecting either and that meant all that rushing about and worry that I'd left it too late was not needed and the nappy got here in plenty of time for Kellan's birthday. Amber was always easy to get hold of and easy to talk to. She was lovely to work with.

The nappy is made from minky and is so soft and fluffy. The fit is brilliant on Kellan and he has plenty of growing room left too which is excellent so he gets loads of wear from it.

If you are looking for a custom made nappy then Made By Amber is definitely a place to check out. Here's her Facebook page - Made By Amber and her website - madebyamber.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment