Tuesday 27 September 2011

36 Weeks Pregnant

Today brings a new week, week 36.


This pregnancy seems to be flying by so fast and has been such an easy pregnancy.


I had a midwife appointment at the birth center in Canterbury. I didn't have my usual midwife.


Everything is fine with me and Bubs. Bubs is head down, took a lot of poking and prodding to tell which way Bubs was laying and even the student wasn't exactly sure what she was feeling. Bubs is in an awkward position either back to back, which Gwen was, or slightly to one side. The head isn't engaged yet but I didn't expect that especially after Jorja and Gwen didn't engage until labour had started.


I've been told that if my waters go I have to ring the hospital asap in case the cord comes down before the head does but it's very unlikely that that'll happen as my labours rarely start with waters going.


I go back in 2 weeks time when I'll be 38 weeks.



My 36 week bump

My waist is measuring at 44 inches and to Darren and I the bump seems a little lower. I'm not feeling many pokes from baby at the top of my bump its mostly in the mid section or really low down.

I'm so happy Bubs is head down. Since the midwife told me Bubs was breech at 32 weeks I've been worrying myself silly about c sections and how hard the recovery might have been with the other children about. Now I can leave the worry behind me and enjoy whats left of this pregnancy and just try to have a little hope that Bubs doesn't decide to arrive too late and induction starts to get mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment