Tuesday 25 October 2011

Today is/was Bubs Due Date

So we all know babies very rarely arrive on the due date and I honestly didn't expect Bubs to.


We had some irregular pains and tigthenings yesterday which led to nothing. The mucus plug also came away yesterday but that doesn't mean a lot either when it comes to predicting when labour will happen.


I had a midwife appointment today. Everything is fab with me and Bubs is good too. Bubs is still head down and the tip of the head is in the pelvis but the midwife said baby will still be able to move in and out of the pelvis so it may not mean much.


I'm measuring 42 cms which is strange for me. I've only ever measured ahead with Gwen but at the end was spot on for dates. This time around I seem to be 1-2 cms ahead each week. This doesn't seem to worry the midwives but I have to admit it's worrying me as I've got to push Bubs out and I'm dreading the thought of a big head like Gwen's again.


I go back in a weeks time on November 1st and they can offer me a sweep then if Bubs is engaged otherwise it'll be a case of waiting until induction is booked. Hopefully Bubs will be here by then.


Here's my 40 week belly photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment