Tuesday 18 October 2011

Wow It's Been A While

So what have we been up to since last week.


To be honest not a lot has happened until today.


I entered a competition on a facebook page to design a fitted nappy and give it a name. I designed a cream coloured nappy with red, white and navy cotton thread trim and red and navy snaps and named it Jack as in Union Jack. The facebook page's owner will order a batch of the nappies in my design to sell on her website and I also get a nappy in my design too. I'm not sure when I get the nappy but can't wait to see it and of course will review it when I get the chance to use it. The nappy I won is made by Sloomb




Cerys failed the Kent Test which is to see if she is suitable for grammar schools in our area. We were fully expecting this as she's not at the year 6 level yet in all her subjects. We've now applied for the schools we want her to go to and have a long wait until March 1st to find out which school she has gotten in to.


We ordered a change mat for Bubs last week. We usually buy one of those large rectangular mats with foam around the edges and covered in plastic. We find they pop easily and  then you have foam hanging out of them. I decided that this time I wanted to avoid them and try something smaller. I looked at all the cloth change mats but found they weren't very thick and didn't feel comfortable using them with a newborn. I then came across the Bibetta Roll 'n' Go mat. It's small, plastic but not hard it's soft, very padded, can be rolled up and you can wash it in the washing machine. It arrived today and I love it. I can't wait to use it with Bubs. It'll be nice not having a huge change mat laying around the living room.








I also won a 20% off code for Bububebe nappies on their facebook page. I happened to be online when  Lisa, the owner, was having random giveaways after reaching 2000 fans. We've already bought Bubs a Bububebe nappy so we're going to buy another using the code for Bubs or Gwen for a christmas present.


We bought a new digital camera last week. Whilst at Howlett's our camera decided to play up and have lens error after lens error. So Darren, knowing we'd need a camera soon for Bubs birth, went out and bought a Samsung ES9. We've been using it and it's pretty simple to use and takes fab photo's. I'll have to get Darren to review it for the blog. I think he's just pleased we have a camera that won't cause problems when we need photo's taken of Bubs.



No comments:

Post a Comment